Question
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/04

Creep!

So I called in sick earlier. My boss practically chewed me out for being sick - as if I'd done it on purpose just to irritate her! Told me that I better be in tommorrow since I have tons of work that piled up in my absence this month while I was at the clinic. Okay, so she can't deny that I'm absolutely snowed under - her excuse, everyone is! But what a creep - trying to make me feel guilty because I'm sick. So just because I'm essentially a nice person, I'll be working from home today between bathroom breaks. I want a new job!

Sounds like the sort of boss for whom we need to import a great American idea I came across some years ago ( great opportunity for some entrepreneur here, surely!) Wait till she gets sick ( she will, believe me). Then there was this great business, called D.O.A. Florists ( DOA = Dead On Arrival). They specialized in sending a great bouquet of dead flowers to people you didn't like. Sounds like she deserves a really big bunch !

1
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/04

I agree with you - What a creep! Sometimes the worst comes out in people under pressure, and if she is responsible for deadlines she might be caving in - still doesn't excuse her for making you feel guilty. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Reply to Chelle