Question
Posted by: mimi | 2004/11/18

Cream Style Sweetcorn

i see that above has 0,4g of fat per 100g which is very low in fat. Can i include this in an otherwise healthy diet lets say 3 tablespoons 3 x a week because i really love the taste and know that it is rich in brain vitamins. Will it cause me to gain weight? I always thought it was fattening maybe because it is creamstyle and not whole kernels but i prefer the creamstyle, surely it is not that BAD for trying to loose weight? Pls let me know, anyone out there on weigh less could you tell me whether it fits the Best Choice and how much does W/Less recommend of this sweetcorn or do they encourage the loose whole kernels instead?

thanks

Dear Mimi
I agree that using such small quantities of cream style instead of kernels will not affect your weight loss. I don't work for Weighless so I don't know the portion sizes, but I hope one of the other Readers has replied.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/18

Hi there Mimi

Doesn't the cream style corn usually have quite a bit of sugar in it. If it does, then it probably has a much higher carb content than whole kernel corn, which you probably have to take into account as well.

Also you have to consider that corn is generally regarded as a starch, so the same rules as rice/potatoes would apply.

Hope I'm not totally off the mark here, maybe dietdoc can confirm this ?

Reply to FH