Posted by: Bee | 2008/06/27

I love my mom to bits, but we've always had a love/hate relationship. She is extremely emotional and has been on anti depressants for years.

I am getting married in a few months time and I know everyone will say that fighting during this time is normal, but hey - this cannot be normal. She came to visit a while ago and is very very traditional, so when my fiance slept ove rat my flat one night, she totally lost it. Although the last time she visited, she asked him to stay cause "she knows he sleeps over anyway"...

She is now freaking out about all the smallest things ever - she's upset that I said "yay" when friends of theirs (who are really upstairs) said they can't come to the wedding.

She freaks out about the fact that my fiance joked and asked where we will sleep if we visit them after we're married, as they have two single beds in the guestroom. She thinks we think its not "good enough". Hectic, I really don't know what to do as she is totally freaking me out.

Hmm, sounds like she's becoming more stressed as your mariage approaches. Relax --- two frazzled ladies won't help each other oen bit. And try to chat calmly with her about all aspects of the wedding so she can feel her views are at least listened to, even if not necessarily followed