Question
Posted by: Jozi | 2007/11/26

Crazy Fit Massage/Slimming Machine

Dear Doc, I dropped a note to you a few weeks back in which I mentioned I had lost 41 Kg's since Janaury by doing Weigh-Less on my own and complained about the fact that I seem to be reaching a plateau. You suggested that I up my exercise which I have been trying to do. However, last weekend I saw one of these new Crazy Fit Massage machines displayed at a Wellness shop and tried it. Basically it's a vibrating machine with various speeds, which they claim is able to excercise and tone the body while improving blood circulation and lymph drainage. I tried it for a few minutes and while it was not unpleasant it will take some getting used to. Apparently there are various types of exercises that can be done on the machine which train and tone various parts of the body. I realise of course this has to be used in conjunction with a diet and is not a miracle worker on it's own. However at about R5000, I am wondering if it's something that you have heard about or whether you believe these vibrating slimming machines are effective for reducing as well as lymph drainage. I am seriously considering it but would like to get a few opinions first. Obviously all you read about them is positive but it's from sites where people are selling them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Jozi
Of course I remember you and the miraculous 41 kg you have lost - what a lady! Now the snag with machines that only vibrate is that they can potentially firm you up, but they will NOT cause actual weight or fat loss. So you would get trimmer and lose cm, but I doubt if you would lose a gram of weight. If you are contemplating spending R5000 on a machine that is not guaranteed to cause additional weight loss, then rather spend it on joining a gym or even more economical, buy a skipping rope for a few Rand and do aerobic exercise like I mentioned before. Start off gradually skipping slowly for about 10 min a day and as you get fitter, increase how fast you skip and how long until you are doing 30 min a day. Rather use the R5000 to buy yourself lovely new clothes once you have lost the rest of your weight.

16
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/07

I just got my fit massage today iv use it one but half way through a 10 min seshmy leg end up red roar and very hot what i would like to know is...is this meant to happen or is it only me who is experiencing this

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/07

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/13

What number do I set the machine for to lose weight?

Posted by: asma | 2014/11/27

Is the crazy fit machine not harmful to those who were diagnosed with cancer in the past .. Please note that I have recovered from the disease about five years ago. I need something to strengthen my body and began to practice the sport and I want to buy it.. please reply to as soon as possible

Reply to asma
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/20

Hello doctor, greetings, i am jehani, i am using crazy fit massage for the past few weeks now. but my simple question to you is that will this machine also help me to reduce my wight as i weigh 75kl, with height of five feet. Thank you.

Posted by: John | 2014/10/15

This kind of vibration plate is very popular in UK and US.I know it has many benefits. I found a website which is Chinese factory. You could know more it from them. WWW.vibrationlate.cc

Reply to John
Posted by: MATHIVANNAN | 2013/04/12

HI MY WEIGHT IS 60 KG .. DOC HAS ADVISED ME TO REDUCE MY WEIGHT TO 50 KG FOR PAST 1 WEEK M USING CRAZY FITNESS.. DOES IT WORKS OR SHOULD II CHANGE PLS SUGGEST

Reply to MATHIVANNAN
Posted by: chinayancey | 2008/02/23

Yongkang Bowei Industry and Trade Co.,ltd Established in 2000,we are a professional manufacturer of all kinds of Crazy fit massage, Vibration plate,Vibration machine,Horse riding machine,Treadmill etc fitness equipment.Especially Crazy fit massage,which is designed and developed all by ourselves,having own patents,are very welcomed by the people of the USA,Japan,Europe,Korea,Australia and so on.
If you are interested or have any question,pls just feel free to contact me.We'll assure you the best service with lowest price!

Reply to chinayancey
Posted by: Mab | 2008/02/08

I would also like to know if there are any long term "side effects".
(seems too good to be true)
Another question I cannot help wonder about.... Why would the cheaper ones not work - if they do the same job - (vibratrating) ?
I cannot help think it is the guys that trying to sell the ridiculously over priced ones that try to put us off the cheaper ones.

Reply to Mab
Posted by: yvette | 2007/12/04

I would just really really like to know how good this machine actually is for you, I mean, does it not do your organs any damage by being shaken around so viciously? I want to get myself a crazy fit massage because I know a woman who was huge and she used it and when I bumped into her at the hyperama a year later I couldn't believe how much weight she'd lost, she literally went from a size 42 to a size 34, so it worked for her. But I have heard stories about it causing problems like blood clots etc. Any adivice??

Reply to yvette
Posted by: Amazed | 2007/11/27

if over doing causes inflammation I'm inclined to believe it....

Reply to Amazed
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/11/27

www dot powerplate dot co dot za

Powerplate is the real thing and it really works

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Amazed | 2007/11/27

A 15kg weight loss is significant for almost anybody. If it truly was the only intervention that resulted in your weight loss I suppose it must work. Perhaps by stimulating muscle to contract and so get catabolism going, i.e. exercising the muscle.

Reply to Amazed
Posted by: To Amazed | 2007/11/27

Yes, truly.....For as long as I can remember, I am a healthy eater, but exercise is not my strong point. Always struggle to lose the last 15 kg.
Tried all kinds of magic over the counter stuff, never worked for me....
3 Years ago I visited the states and did my own research on vibration training, started looking for the best machine.
I did find it at a cost, yes.. But I am very happy with the results, try it, go to a gym who has got at least the power plate and see for yourself......You will feel like a new person after one session...I promise....

Reply to To Amazed
Posted by: Amazed | 2007/11/27

You will spend R20,000 to R100,000 to loose how much weight in total? And was vibrating HONESTLY the ONLY change you made, NO exercising and NO dietary changes???

Reply to Amazed
Posted by: I have one | 2007/11/26

I have a vibrating machine called the vibrostation, and it really works for me, lost 2kg the first week, there after it was 1 - 1.5 kg a week....
After a month I felt like a new person, my skin was glowing, reduced cellulite and no more constipation........
If you use the right type of machine and not those cheap ones the results are great, believe me.
I had the crazyfit massage, did not work for me, as it is cheaply manufactured in China and not according to world wide research.
In America and the UK the worlds best awards for these types of machines was awarded to VIBROSTATION and the HYPERGRAVITY.
I dont think there is suppliers in SA for them, baught mine in the UK, and they are quite expensive around R20 000 to R100 000.
But if I had to choose all over again, I would buy the Vibrostation again and again....

Reply to I have one