Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/01/23

Crazy Fit Massage

Any comments on this? Anyone who tried it? Is it worth it? Thanks!

I must confess I don't know it,haven't heard of it, so I'm not best placed to comment from personal experience.

What I can tell you, from a science background, is that these types of machines are pretty hyped up and there are claims about a lot of benefits, most of which are vastly exaggerated. There is some evidence that they are good for injury prevention and balance and what we call proprioception, so that's useful for people who are recovering from injuries. But in terms of weight loss, which is what they've hit the mass market for, I have doubts. There is definitely some benefit, because your muscles are working, so compared to sitting on a couch, it works. But compared to other cardio, I have my doubts, and would sooner recommend 45 minutes walking, cycling or running, than a session on hese machines.

1
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/07/05

What do you think about these crazy fit massage machines? Good or bad?

Thanks...

Reply to Cindy