Question
Posted by: XX | 2004/11/02

cravings at 9o'clock at night...

DietDoc,
Every about "let's say 3rd day" i get a craving for a slice of wholewheat bread with peanut butter and blueberry jam. Sometimes i do have but other times not. I have cut all kinds of bread out of my diet and i don't eat potatoes either. Why is my body craving? And if i am dieting and need to have that every once in a while - what amount would you suggest i have?
<ps. i'm NOT pregnant!!>

Thank You!!

Dear XX
I can't understand why you have cut out bread and potatoes and probably all other carbohydrates? Are you on one of these high-protein, high-fat diets? If so, please be careful as they can have negative effects on your health. Your body is telling you that it is starved of carbs, which are our best source of energy and will not make you fat if you eat unprocessed, unsifted or wholewheat carbs. So add back 1-2 helpings of such carbs to each meal and your cravings should disappear.

1
Posted by: Jack | 2004/11/04

It depends on what your metabolic type is. If you are a protein type, then you should avoid carbs like bread altogether, and have only vegetables and some fruit as your source of carbs.

If you are a carb type, then the optimum diet for you is up to 80% carbs, and some whole grains can be used.

Have a look at mercola.com for an explanation of this.

Dr Mercola, and many other very knowledgable people recommend that all humans refrain from eating grains and sugar. We are just not suited to either. For that matter, neither are chickens and cows. The diet of maize fed to feedlot animals makes them sick, and makes their meat unhealthy for humans.

Messing with nature has severe consequences.

Reply to Jack