Question
Posted by: Flo | 2005/07/20

Cravings

How long into the pregnancy does a person start having cravings?..and can i eat whatever i may be craving for?..

It varies.
You can eat anything within reason. SOme women crave sand, which is obviously not a good idea.

6
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/07/21

With my son I lived on avo's, popcorn and toast with butro and bovril.
With my first daughter I craved tomatoes and orange juice and drank this by the litre. When she was born, the doc immediately asked if I had a lot of orange juice etc as she had red 'burnt' patches all over her little body of all the acid. This fortunately went away within a week.
So be carefull!!! All in moderation!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: landi | 2005/07/20

I craved for sweetpotato - never been a fan of sweet potato and I just love the smell of my hubbies car's aircon - maybe I am losing my marbles with my twins. I am sure my hubby is getting "sympathy" cravings. He is constantly craving for all sorts of things.

Some foods can be harmfull - like sushi etc. Look in the archives for food to avoid during pregnancy - and use that as a guide.

Reply to landi
Posted by: Kiki | 2005/07/20

Not always true that you can eat whatever you crave.... right now i'm craving beer and cigarettes (i've never smoked a day in my life)

Go figure!!

Reply to Kiki
Posted by: Sunshine 1 | 2005/07/20

I stand to be corrected but if i remember correctly my dr told me when i was preggies that i could eat what i craved for just aslong as i did it small portion as what you might be craving could land you up with terrible hurtburn or something like that...........all i can say is:
HAPPY EATING ...........aslong as its in small portion

Reply to Sunshine 1
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/20

Hi there!

It's probably safe to eat anything you crave, but try to be careful. Are you taking your vitamins everyday? My gynae told me that if you have cravings, it means that your body is lacking certain nutrients so take them religiously! :-)

Reply to Tina
Posted by: S'ya | 2005/07/20

I don't know how long it takes. I'm into my 6th month & I crave spur ribs covered in sweet sours every single day. I can eat as many as I can, but the trick is not to give into to it. I also crave for valpre water, plain water & no flavours.

Yummy that my supper for tonight again.

Reply to S'ya