Question
Posted by: angel | 2004/01/26

cravings

i eat the whole day,i eat sweets and lot of other junk foods,how do i make myself stop.i'm gaining wheight
conserned.

Dear Angel
To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake (by eating a low-fat, high-fibre diet, not fast food) and increasing your energy expenditure by doing exercise (join Walk for Life or a good gym). If you crave sweets you may be starving your body of carbohydrates. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a diet that contains sufficient carbohydrates to prevent such cravings, but will still result in weight loss.

2
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/06

Dear Angel

Cut out the dense carbs, especially the sugar. They are just as addictive to you as alcohol is to an alcoholic.

Read up on Syndrome X, hyperinsulinism, and the low-carb lifestyle.

Try snacking on protein rich foods like cheese (read the labels carefully, avoid the carbs), eggs, biltong, about 50g of nuts, a tin of tuna or sardines.

Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day.

Drink more water.

If you're not grossly overweight, you want to aim at insulin balance where your blood sugar is not on a rollercoaster ride to hell. Try it, and see how much better you feel overall.

Reply to Nutrition Nut
Posted by: Same prob | 2004/01/29

I have the same problem and have also started gaining weight, only difference is I exercise very regularly. For the last 5 days I have cut out all sweets, sugar and anything unhealthy. I found myself a sponsor who has encouraged me and tomorrow I am treating myself to one of those huge muffins. I can't say I have lost any weight yet, but hopefully soon. It was very hard in the beginning. The first two days were terrible as I slump into what could be called withdraw symptoms, but it's much easier now. I still crave the food, but because I am so close to reaching friday it encourages me. Maybe doing the same thing could help you.

Reply to Same prob