Question
Posted by: dec | 2005/12/04

cranberry tabs for thrush

I'm 32 wks pregnant and i remember a mid wife telling me, at an antenatal class that cranberry pills can be used to treat vag thrush. she said that you put one or 2 into the vagina - i just wanted to make 100% sure before i go do this...
is it safe to do it?
and do i put the whole capsule inside or do i open it and only use the powder stuff that's inside the caps?
and how far do i insert it into my vagina? very deep or about a fingers length from the opening?
sorry about the questions... but i had to know for sure!!
please - anyone who knows... do assist!!

As far as I know the cranberry tablets are swallowed, not inserted into the vagina.