Question
Posted by: Tex | 2005/11/24

Cranberry & slow-mag tabs pregnancy

HI Doc

i would just like to know if it's safe to take Cranberry tablets (to prevent vag thrush when giving birth to baby) and slow-mag tablets (to help calcium absorption) - i'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and everything is going well...
please advise me on taking these tablets!

oh, and i was also told by a midwife that drinking Raspberry Leave tea when labour begins - will help speed up the process and make it easier... in your experience, is this true??

thank you!

I didn't know that there were cranberry tablets, but these and the slow-mag should be fine.
I am not aware that raspberry tea speeds up labour.

Best wsihes

1
Posted by: Jean | 2005/11/24

Last week I asked my Gynae about the Slow Mag and Raspberry Leaf Tea. She said that both are fine to take, although there is no proof that the Raspberry Leaf Tea actually works.

I did not ask about Cranberry.

Reply to Jean