Question
Posted by: J.J2 | 2005/06/29

cramps...late period

Hi there,
My period is 4 days late, but I don't want to get my hopes up yet. I have had slight cramping, then I think my period is going to start but it hasn't yet...so my question is can these cramps be anything significant in early pregnancy?
Don't want to do an hpt yet 'cause everybody seems to think it is too early to detect anything, and every time it comes back negative I feel so down!
any advice?

It is reasonable to do a pregnancy test if your period is 4 days late. The cramps are more likely to mean that your period is on the way though.

9
Posted by: J.J2 | 2005/06/29

me again... I didn't do a test yet. my hubby said I should wait until thurs night or friday because he knows how dissappointed I get. So I have to be patient!! :)

Reply to J.J2
Posted by: Anxious | 2005/06/29

Hi All, My wife is having the same problem, her cycle is normally accurate, but this month, she is 2 days dalet, she was having cramps last week, she thought her period was due, but its late, she says i must not get excited, cos maybe it will come in few days time,
ladies, do u think, we shud do an HPT

Reply to Anxious
Posted by: Shmegal | 2005/06/29

Stretching, cramps and PMS symptoms are all some of the signs of early pregnancy. I know how it feels to not want to test until it is obvious there is something 'going on'. After 2 years of trying and dissappointment after dissappointment I eventually got my two clear lines. It is a wonderful feeling when you see those line appear.

Charlie, do you think you'll be able to hold out until the 2nd before you test? I'm sure you are so anxious to find out.

I wish you both luck and hope that this will be your month.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: charlie | 2005/06/29

I've been trying for nearly 9 months now, maybe 9 is my lucky number, who knows?

Reply to charlie
Posted by: Goggie | 2005/06/29

I did a HPT when I was just 2 days late, and got my 2 lines - and I were on a 24 day cycle and ovulated on day 14

Reply to Goggie
Posted by: J.J2 | 2005/06/29

Thanks Charlie, you'll be in mine too. How long have you been trying for? like Yellow bear said this could be my month but it could be your month too! Good luck!

Reply to J.J2
Posted by: charlie | 2005/06/29

I'm also 4 days late, and I also don't want to do a htp test too early, so I know exactly what your going through. I had cramps a week before my period was due, and have had none since, have had the pms. I'm going to wait for the 2nd, cause then I'll be 2 weeks late, then I'll do a test. I hope this is your month to get pregnant, I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Reply to charlie
Posted by: J.J2 | 2005/06/29

REALLY!!!? I suppose I should hold thumbs and buy a test then! Thanks a mil! Do you know what caused the cramps?
Thanks again! I will let you know what happens!!

Reply to J.J2
Posted by: YellowBear | 2005/06/29

Ok, i don't want to raise your hopes but thats exactly what happened to me. when my period was supposed to arrive i only had cramps and no blood. i did an Htp when this had been going on for 3 days and i saw two of the brightest lines you have ever seen!! :-)

so J.J2, i think this might be your month. i really hope it is!!

Reply to YellowBear