Question
Posted by: rebecca | 2003/02/18

cramps interfering with orgasm

when my partner and i have sex i have a big problem with climaxing. every time i get close to orgasm the muscles on my bottom cramp up severelyand i am forced to stop. a partial solution to the problem seems to be keeping my legs straight as i build up to orgasm but this has obvious drawbacks as it reduces mobility and forces us to exclude certain positions thus making sex mechanical and often boring. not to mention that my legs tend to tense up and distract me as well.
is there any advice you could give regarding the cramps, perhaps a nutritional supplament etc...
and has anybody else ever had a similar problem.

Cramps come from prolonged contraction of muscle fibers. Cramping often occurs during or right after exercise, when you sweat a lot or have a fever, from repetitive motion activities such as writing (writer's cramp), and as a result of poor blood circulation (sometimes associated with leg cramps). Some cramp-reducers include:

Massaging the affected area, which often reduces the pain and duration of the cramping.
Adding more potassium-rich foods to your diet (such as bananas and nuts), which could help alleviate and prevent future cramps.
Medicine can make a difference if you're chronically cramped.

Since cramp may be more of a convenient term than an accurate description of what's up with you, a visit with the doctor may soothe your bum much sooner than bananas and a massage.

1
Posted by: Aunty Aggie | 2003/02/19

Cramping is often also caused by lack/loss of salt - hence cramping after exercise or sweating. Try eating some Marmite or Bovril before going to bed. (about 2 teaspoons ) Do, however see your doctor if the problem persists.

Reply to Aunty Aggie