Question
Posted by: Yolande | 2005/11/22

Cramps in pregnancy

I am currently about 4 weeks pregnant with no 2. I cannot remember this from the first pregnancy: -

I am experiencing period type cramps in the middle of my abdomen about hip height. I also am having low back pain. Is this normal?

Also at what satge should I go for my first appointment at the gynae. I went at 8 weeks for no 1.

Quite normal. It is fine to go for your first appointment around 8 weeks.

2
Posted by: Sweet Pea | 2005/11/22

Hey Yolande,

I"m also experiencing cramps (five weeks today) but only in my lower back, chatted to a friend of mine who's just given birth and she says it's normal - i was also stressed out about it.

You should make an app with you gynae ASAP but they can only hear the heartbeat from six weeks on. I'm going on Thursday cos I've got so many questions this it's my first!!!

Good-luck
Ciao,
sweet Pea

Reply to Sweet Pea
Posted by: Jean | 2005/11/22

Cramps are usual for early pregnancy. There is only a problem if it's accompanied by a bloody discharge.

Your first appointment would depend on your Gynae. Some like to see you ASAP while others wait till 8 or 12 weeks. It's a good time to phone now to make an appointment, as it's usually VERY busy this time of the year.

Reply to Jean