Question
Posted by: too much carbs | 2008/07/15

cramps

hi,

my girlfriend gets stoamch cramps and battles to go to the toilet when she eats a lot of pasta, bread, etc.

she heard that women can get digestion problems from too much starch?

any comments on this please?

Dear Too Much Carbs
I would suggest that your girlfriend should have a medical checkup because it is important to obtain a diagnosis as to what is causing the cramps and the constipation. There are a number of conditions that can cause these symptoms (irritable bowel syndrome, allergies, lack of dietary fibre in the diet, bowel obstruction, etc, etc). Once we have a diagnosis we can decide what dietary changes need to be made.