Question
Posted by: Waya | 2004/10/05

CRAMPS

I have a problem with my stomach for the past week that I get cramps often and need to go to the loo to relieve myself. I have been to the doctor and she gave me Bascopan which seemed to help for a short while (2 days) then it started again. It gets worse when I eat something that I run to the loo immediately to relieve myself but its not loose stools and am not constipated either. I drink wine almost everyday after work (about 2 glasses or so) could this be the cause of this pain?

Waya, I doubt that it is due to the wine. If might be due to a stomach or gallbladder problem, but I can’t say for sure without examining you first. The best would be to contact your doctor and let him know his treatment didn’t work. Good luck.