Question
Posted by: Eve | 2004/10/10

Cramping-4 weeks pregnant

Please can you tell me whether having period-like cramps are normal during the first few weeks of pregnancy? I am 4 weeks pregnant, and still get the occasional period-like cramps, which is really worrying me. There has been no spotting.

As long as there is no bleeding. You should be okay

3
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/10/11

My advice is that you just keep a look out at your discharge. If it is even slightly brown or pink, rush to the gynae asap!
As far as I know, some cramps at this stage are normal. I found that a lot of my cramps were actually gas related!!
Good luck.
Jane

Reply to Jane1
Posted by: Going to be a mom | 2004/10/10

When did you find out you are pregnant ie is it 4 weeks now since your last period? This is a common early symptom and I wouldn't worry! Lost of woman think their period is coming when they are infact pregnant.

Reply to Going to be a mom
Posted by: Linda | 2004/10/10

If it starts as early as 4 weeks it probably heralds an impending miscarriage.

Reply to Linda