Question
Posted by: Pat | 2005/11/25

Cramp in legs

I seem to wake up lately during the night with very bad cramps in my calves. does this mean that I am lacking in something or could it be a sign that something else is wrong

Pat, it might be due to an electrolyte disturbance like sodium, magnesium or potassium, or it might be due to something else like a nerve or a blood supply problem. Good luck.

1
Posted by: ashbo | 2005/11/27

Dear Pat ,

I have been suffering from a similar problem in both legs at night , but I have the cramps on the upper legs near the crutch on the inside which wake me up and take around 15 to 20 minutes before my wife and I can rub the lumps out .
I go through unbelievable pain .
I am active in my work , on my feet all day walking moving around so I am fairly fit .
My GP here in Holland does not know what the cause is or can be .

Reply to ashbo