Question
Posted by: Di | 2003/12/08

cracked nails

I read in a Fair Lady some time back what causes the nails on your feet and hands to crack and split, and now for the life of me I cannot remember what it is. Can you possibly assist?

Dear Di
It is advisable to consult a Dermatologist for cracked nails as this can be indicative of conditions such as infections in the nail bed or due to chronic whetting and drying or even manicuring. In some cases the cracked nails can be a sign of an iron deficiency, for which you will have to be tested by the dr. So do see a Dermatologist ASAP.