Question
Posted by: Strawberry | 2004/01/09

Cracked Heels

Hi there, please can you tell me what causes cracked heels, and also what is the best way to prevent this happening. I am going to now try Miracle Heel Balm.
Also can you recommend a podiatrist in Cape Town, Northern Suburbs area.

many thanks

Strawberry, it is usually caused by uneven drying out of the skin and trauma. Another remedy you can try is to apply Zambuk™ ointment and to cover it with Glad Wrap™. It should make a difference within 3 days. If that doesn’t work, you can ask your doctor to prescribe you a urea-containing ointment.
Unfortunately, I live in Pretoria and have no idea who/where the podiatrists in Cape Town are. Your GP should be able to help you with it. Good luck.