Question
Posted by: Tee | 2005/07/06

CPL Alliance Ciprofloxacin

Can I buy the above tablets over the counter? My GP prescribed that to me when about a month ago when I had a stomach infection and I do have fibroids. He said to me that would clean my womb. Almost at the of the course I passed very very dark brown stool which I guessed was the cleaning.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Tee,

Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic which will require a new prescription. Did your stool color return to normal?

3
Posted by: Julius | 2006/05/26

I have ulcerative colitis and have excluded dairy from my diet. I am looking for a decent probiotic (preferably with the bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermopilus) which does not have any Bifidum bacteria and also does not contain any lactose. Is there such a product on the market? Or is there another probiotic you could recommend?

Your help would be appreciated.

Reply to Julius
Posted by: Pharmacist | 2005/07/08

If the stool is black then I'd recommend seeing a doctor, otherwise try taking Lactovita which is affordably available from your local pharmacy.

Reply to Pharmacist
Posted by: Tee | 2005/07/07

It hasn't returned to normal and I'm actually having a problem with passing the stool. I feel like I wanna go and nothing really happens besides a lot of gas/wind. What should I do?

Reply to Tee