Question
Posted by: jj | 2005/11/21

coxes

I have hurt my coxes(correct spelling?) and sit with difficulty. It is sore if I sit on hard surfaces. I did take voltaren gt50 twice a day , but that did not help. Is there any medication that will heel it?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

COCCYX is the correct spelling - and this is indeed a painful and very uncomfortable experience. How long ago did the injury occur ??? Healing can take several weeks and it is advisable to sit on a soft or preferably a "ring cushion" available at most pharmacies. In some cases, a gentle chiropractic mobilisation can assist the recovery process.

1
Posted by: jj | 2005/11/29

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure when I hurt it , but about 5 months ago I felt it was sore,at the time I sat on a hard bumpy surface(ski-boat) and it did not bother me much thereafter. It started recently again when I sat on a hard surface (about three weeks ago) and since then it is painfull to sit on harder surfaces.

Reply to jj