Question
Posted by: Jack | 2005/06/13

Covered by medical aid??

I suffer from a severe anxiety disorder and believe it is time to see a psychiatrist. I went to see a psychologist and it didnt help, as I think I might need medication. I am on discovery medical aid on a good plan, however have no medical savings left for the year. Discovery say they do cover psychological disorders of up to 21000 per year, however would one have to be hospitalised for this. My disorder definately does not require hospitalisation, just professional assistance, but would it still be covered.

Expert ImageArchive

The R21 000 is for Hospital cover only. If you are on a comprehensive option and have reached your threshold, you might have benefits available. Contact the Discovery call centre to find out.