Question
Posted by: Deep south | 2003/02/25

Cousin relations

I know of a few instances where a guys first sexual experience has been with his female cousins. I mean more than just a bit of touching and feeling here; I mean full blown sex (excuse the pun). Are these isolated incidents or does this happen quite often?

There is no law that prohibits dating between first cousins. In fact, there is no law that prohibits a relationship with absolutely anyone you choose, given they're of the legal age of consent. However, should you consider marriage with a first cousin, in most countries, the marriage of first cousins is prohibited.

Having sex with a cousin is a very personal decision, although, as you already know, people will always have their own opinions and make their own comments. Most often people are apprehensive about first cousins, or family relatives who fall "in love" because there are very often negative biological consequences in the offspring of blood relations. The ramifications of offspring from second cousins or more distant relatives are minimally greater than for offspring of non-relatives, but for those more closely related than second cousins, there are tremendous disadvantages to their consanguineous consummation.

Physically or mentally impaired children are frequently born of blood relatives because previously hidden recessive genes are more likely to appear. The closer the parents are in blood relation, the higher the chances are that they share similar genes. "Hidden genes" may contain beneficial traits, but they are more likely to contain detrimental traits because recessive gene mutations are most often a result of their inefficiency. Studies of first cousin offspring show that there is a 6 to 8 percent chance that the child will have a birth defect, in contrast to the 3 to 4 percent rate of birth defects from children born of non-relatives. In other words, the descendants of first cousins are almost two times more likely to suffer an abnormality or death than children of the average couple.

4
Posted by: Randy_oldie | 2003/02/25

One of my first sexual experiences was with my cousin and boy, when I think back I get so horny! The things she taught this (then)youngster made me the hero of many women. Oh how I long for those days again!

Reply to Randy_oldie
Posted by: PG | 2003/02/25

To Sexology:

You posted your reply after my previous comment, and I'm sorry to say that you're wrong. While it is true that nothing prohibits a RELATIONSHIP with anyone you choose, there is no limit on age, even if the other party is below the age of consent. That of course applies to a non-sexual relationship. If you talk about a SEXUAL relationship though, it is a different kettle of fish. Have you never heard of a thing called incest? I can't imagine that you don't know that sex betweeen e.g. parent and child is illegal and can land you in prison. Tha same applies to brothers and sisters. As for your other statement, could you mention a few countries in which marriage between first cousins is prohibited? In S.A for one, it is not.

Reply to PG
Posted by: PG | 2003/02/25

To Deep South: I have no personal experience (save that I have two female cousins who were EXTREMELY hot well before puberty and had I been a little less stupid I might have had a lot of fun!) but I do believe thar sex between cousins is by no means unusual. Nothing wrong with it, and it is by the way quite legal for cousins to marry.

To Naughty: Your case is different, in that one of you (the aunt) is related to the common ancestor (the grandparent concerned) in the first degree and sex between the two of you will be incest, which is still a criminal offence. It would of course be different if she were only your aunt by marriage, e.g. married to your mothers brother. In that case it would not be incest, but the consequences could well be worse if you were found out! (What do you think your mother and/or uncle will think of it?)

Reply to PG
Posted by: naughty | 2003/02/25

i hav an aunt that i want to desperately shag.shes in her 40s,has great breasts & i hope she gets the message.i would really teach her alot.i dont think her husband can get it up any more.she needs a young,hot hunk.who better than her family.

Reply to naughty