Posted by: fossyy | 2005/06/23

Counsling/ Psychiatry/ Psychologist/ Therapist ????

Please explain the difference. My insurance covers all of them. Please help!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Check the archines of this forum as I've discussed the psychiatrist / psychologist distinction SO often before. Wither can be a therapist, giving talking treatment called psychotherapy. Counselling is a slightly lower-level of such talking treatments, and some people like Social Workers can be trained to be a counsellor helping you deal with life problems, without all the extra training it requires for a shrink to be qualified. But you ought to see a psychologist / psychiatrist FIRST, to get a proper assessment / diagnosis, something a counsellor would not be qualified to do.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.