Question
Posted by: fossyy | 2005/06/23

Counsling/ Psychiatry/ Psychologist/ Therapist ????

Please explain the difference. My insurance covers all of them. Please help!!

Check the archines of this forum as I've discussed the psychiatrist / psychologist distinction SO often before. Wither can be a therapist, giving talking treatment called psychotherapy. Counselling is a slightly lower-level of such talking treatments, and some people like Social Workers can be trained to be a counsellor helping you deal with life problems, without all the extra training it requires for a shrink to be qualified. But you ought to see a psychologist / psychiatrist FIRST, to get a proper assessment / diagnosis, something a counsellor would not be qualified to do.