Question
Posted by: French wifie | 2004/11/18

Counsellor with understanding of French

My husband wants to engage in therapy, but he is looking for a therapist who understands French.
Though he has a good command of the English language, he would prefer expressing himself in his native language.
This is possibly a long shot, but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Excellent question, I just wish I had some excellent answer for it. I have been calling for years for a system of providing such basic and useful information about all therapists, shrinks, and health-care providers. Unless one of our readers knows of one ( maybe check with the French Embassy or Alliance Francais in case they happen to know of one ? ) all I could think of would be to call some local therapists and ask their receptionist.