Question
Posted by: Carol | 2006/11/11

Could this be piles?

Dear Cyberdoc

Ever since I had my first child 18 months ago I find it difficult to be able to sit for long periods of time. I have to continually shift from one butt to the other. I was wondering if this could possibly be piles. I never had this while I was pregnant with him. I also do not have a problem with constipation or being able to go to the toilet and it does not bleed.

Dear Carol
Did you have an episiotomy? You may have a nerve trapped in the scar or you may have injured the perineal nerve - I think you should let a gyne have a look. Doesn't sound like piles?