Question
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2005/01/12

Could this be Menopause or do I require a hysterectomy?

I am 37 going on 38, I have given birth to 4 children and have never had any problems besides heavy periods. I started spotting a couple of days ago and have now started my period. I am only due in 2 weeks time. I am not on any contraceptive and haven't been for 8 years. My periods are always regular. I have been experiencing terrible headaches, depression and mood swings lately, I also battle to concentrate and have no energy. I saw my gynae last year July and she said all was fine. Please help.

As this is the first time you have had an irregular period, I would suggest you wait and see what happens next week. the rest of your symptoms are non-specific. They could be due to stresses, heat,etc. This does not sound like the start of the menopause.