Question
Posted by: scared | 2004/01/21

could this be an ectopic pregnancy?

I should be about 9 to 10 weeks pregnant. When I went for my first sonar on the 10th dec ( I should have been about three to four weeks at the time) the doc said they could not see anything but my tests kept showing positive, I had some light bleeding which stopped after a few days. they told me to come back for another sonar at the end of feb but now I have this constant numbness in my right side of my body and this pain in the right side of my uterus. I dont know what is going on? pls help.

An ectopic pregnancy is a possibility. This usually causes quite severe pain though. It is more than a month since your last scan in December, so something should show up by now. Go back and see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2004/01/22

The pain from an ectopic pregnancy is excruciating, and you would have had other complications by now. Most ectopic pregnancies are picked up at around 6 weeks.
I wouldn't worry about it being an ectopic pregnancy.
Why not phone your gynae though, as you are obviously worried.

Reply to Purple