Question
Posted by: McDee | 2004/12/07

Could someone PLEASE reply to this?

Hi All,
i was recommended to this site by a friend. I am getting married early next year, and with the look of things, i'll be getting my period during the wedding! i have heard that there are some pills that you can use, that will make your period cease for a certain month. i am not on any pill right now, because i am not sexually active (saving it for the D-day!). can you guys help me and suggest a once-off pill that would make my period cease for one month?

McDee.

Please see my reply to your previous posting.

4
Posted by: McDee | 2004/12/07

Thanksn everyone for replying. though we are planning to start a family right after the wedding, but i'll start with the pills this month (the wedding is in March). waiting a few months for the pills to wear out is not such a big deal. i'll rather have that than have a messy wedding!

thanks again to everyone!

Reply to McDee
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/12/07

Hi there, I agree with Jessica. You need to start with a contraceptive pill now. On your contraceptive pill you have Active pills and inactive pills. The active pills will protect you from falling pregnant, and the inactive pills are there so that you can have a period every month and maintain a 28 day cycle. If you go to your GP, he/she will explain it in detail to you.

Jessica is correct in saying that if you skip the inactive pills, you can push your period out to whenever you want it to happen.
The moment you want you period to come on, you can just swop to the inactive pills or you can continue with your active ones until you reach the point of 28 days again and have your period as per the pills.

I did it a lot when I was using the pill, and it never messed up my periods.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Jo | 2004/12/07

Skipping the inactive pills is supposed to make you skip your period, but when I tried it it just made my whole cycle go haywire, and I got my period early even though I was taking active pills, and it lasted a lot longer. Speak to your GP, if you are planning to use contraceptive for the first couple of months or years, try the injection, it will take your period away completely.

Reply to Jo
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/07

If you're getting married early next year you should think about going on a contraceptive now, that's if you don't want to start with a family right away, the pill takes at least a month to work so if you start now you can then when your wedding arrives, just skip the inactive pills for that month, which will then cause you not to have a period that month,

Jessica

Reply to Jessica