Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2007/06/12

Could PCOS cause this much pain?

I have been having problems with kidney stones for a couple of months, but they did a CT scan and it said that all of my stones were in my kidneys and not causing the pain, but they did see a lot of cysts on my ovaries. Is it possible for them to be causing the pain? I am on morphine due to the pain, and I haven't been able to take my birth control due to not being able to afford it, and so I am worried that the pain will get worse. I normally have really bad cramps all month long, but not like this. I am worried because I really don't know what is wrong.

Cramps is often a difficult symptom to solely pinpoint to the gynae system alone. The GIT and renal systems can also cause a similar symptom.
A cyst will generally only cause symptoms if they are often a certain size or they complicate i.e. bleed into cyst, torsion or rupture of the cyst.
I suggest you consult with your gyn for a clinical review as you may need to be refered to a GIT specialist for an assessment or have your urinary system investigated.