Question
Posted by: Sam | 2004/11/19

Could it be thrush? again?

well i am a 15 yr old girl. in about sept-oct my vagina was itchy and had a burning sensation, smelt bad and had like yellow to brown coloured discharge. i told my mom and she went and bought me canesten(applicators)because she said it is thrush and runs in the family. i used it and the smell went away, and the discharge. the itchiness went away too. but now it itches ,burns again and i get some discharge. is it thrush again? or could it be from the heat in jhb?(temp-30) i sweat by my vagina when its really hot and then it rubs when i walk at school. wot should i do? what could it be? Help asap! i am sooooo scared.

It could be thrush but, as this is the second time it has happened, it would be a good idea to see your doctor to that you can have an exact diagnosis.

1
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/19

Hi Sam, It soinds like thrush again, but maybe your mom should take you to a gynae because it may be a mixed infection and then the ordinary fungal ointments will not clear it up and it will recurr. You then need an antibiotic to clear it up.

Reply to Jj@