Question
Posted by: amy25 | 2004/01/27

could it be HIV/AIDS?

this past summer i had unprotected sex with a guy i had just met. he was 20 and i was 15. im not sure if he came inside of me or not since it was only about 10 minutes or so. it has been about 6 months since this and it seems like i catch every cold and flu around. at chirstmas i got tonsillitis. it went away altho just recently my glands are swollen again. am i just being paranoid? or is it possible my immune system is just weak. what other symptoms should i look for? also..i have been recently tested for mono. would they have found HIV when they took that blood test? if you could answer all this, that would be great!

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

The only way you will know is to go and have the test.

3
Posted by: why | 2004/01/30

Get tested and if you find out that you are negative, you stop risking your life and start taking care of yourself because you dont want to die young, u are still young anyway to start having sex expecially without protection couz AIDS is there! finish school and stop fooling around with boys, people like u make me sick.

Reply to why
Posted by: malaika | 2004/01/27

Amy25,
I can be anything from flu to hiv.If you want to rule out hiv then get tested.I know its a hard step to take if you've been in a risky situation but its better to know your status so as to look after yourself better, whatever the outcome.I wish you good luck.I know exactly how it feels to suspect any small change in your health.You always wonder and it eats you up until you have no choice but to find out.Be strong and go for the test...

Reply to malaika
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/27

I am so tempted to... never mind, I'll just answer the question... GET TESTED!

Reply to Inc