Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/02/26

Could it be heat rash

Hi.
In previous posts I mentioned having my mom-in-laws daxie staying with me after her back operation.
She has developed a rash of sorts on her body, but mainly on her tummy and chest. It is red spots that are a bit raised up from the skin. They come and go. I have been "walking" her a lot during the day to try get her legs working after her operation, and was wondering if it could be a heat rash. I am in PMB and it has been extremely hot here lately.
She is also on the Hills R/D food to loose weight. She has lost quite a bit of weight which has caused folds of skin on her tummy. The rash appears to be worse in these "loose skin folds".
Could it be from the heat? or should I rather take her to the vet ?
She is very scared of getting in the car now. She probably thinks I am taking her for another operation !!

The rash could be from heat or contact with grass or a carpet etc. Does her belly drag when she is walked? You can wash and dry the belly with an antiseptic. If it does not clear a trip to yur vet is advisable.