Question
Posted by: Angie | 2008/06/11

Could I still be pregnant?

Hi Doc,

I took my last pill on the 16th May. Had sex on the 18th, and 22nd, I had a bit of brownish, pinkish discharge for two days on the 27th. My periods should have started around the 10th June, but still nothing. I can only think that my cycle has been thrown out a bit because of the pill but I have been urinating every half and hour since monday, my areolas are a little bit bigger, i have visible blue veins on my chest and boobs. My boobs are not tender but a little bit fuller, slight quessiness had a few cramps.
Now i took a pregnancy test this morning, and it showed negative. I then went for blood tests today and it still showed negative. All I want to know is do you think both tests were done to early or do you think it's accurate?

Please help as I am still convinced that I am pregnant, unless it's all in my mind... :-)

The blood test is usually very accurate. you are unlikely to be pregnant.

2
Posted by: Feefee | 2008/06/12

Could be a fair possibility of pregnancy as well. I also had two tests which came out negative, so decided to take another one at a later stage, about two weeks later and in fact I was pregnant, sometimes it could be too early for a result. or like Nix stated it could be the effects of the pill wearing off. I would take another test later just to be sure.

Reply to Feefee
Posted by: Nix GTC | 2008/06/12

You're probably late because of the pill. All the symptoms you've discribed are also just hormonal. I'd suggest testing again in a few days to confirm. but the blood would have shown already if you were pregnant.

Reply to Nix GTC