Question
Posted by: Hayles | 2007/08/22

Could i soon be preggies

Hi there, we had unprotected sex last night the first day of my last period was 25 july, shortly afta sex, laid with my legs up, to help, nt sure if this a myth or it works. I had a miscarriage in feb. Really want a baby. Could i be preggies frm last night and hw soon can i do home preg test

Dear Hayles

The best is to wait for at least 12days and then do a blood pregnancy test. A home pregnancy test may become positive 2 weeks after ovulation. Please note that if you have a regular 28 day cycle your ovulation would have most likely occurred on the 7th or 8th August and this would have been the appropriate time for intercourse and not the 21st as you have mentioned.

3
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/08/22

If last night was the only time you had unprotected sex this month, then its unlikely that you are preggies.

If you have a normal 28 day cycle and your LMP was on 26 July, it would mean you ovulated around the 8th - 10th August and should be starting your period later this week.

If you had unprotected sex around the public holiday this month, then yes you could possibly be and you would then only be likely to test by Saturday or Sunday?

Hope this helps!

Good Luck

Reply to Cherry
Posted by: Hayles | 2007/08/22

Not really sure, usually i get symtoms of pms a week before my period sore back, chocolate craving, sad but i havent gotten it yet this week and i think im due 4 my period. Do u think i could get pregnant frm last night and wen could i take a test?

Reply to Hayles
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/08/22

How long are your cycles?

Reply to Cherry