Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2004/01/15

Could i become infertile????

Hi there.

about two years ago they found a cyst in my ovary the size of a tennis ball.
The gynae i went to put me on Melodene and after taking it for a year i stopped.
I still get sharp pains in my ovary and its very sensitive.Could it still be there and can these things affect your fertility???/
Another thing i have discovered is that the gland in my groin is very swollen and painful,It cant be STD`s or HIV cos both my partner and i have been checked.
What could this be??

Thank You in advance.

The cyst could certainly still be there. I am sure that your doctor asked you to come for a check-up after a few months to see whether the cyst had disappeared. I would suggest that you do this. A simple cyst should not affcet your fertility.
The gland in your groin could be due to an infection or it could be something other than a gland, a hernia for example. Ask your doctor to check this.
Breast problems are not in my area of expertise. They are dealt with by surgeons.

2
Posted by: Leigh | 2004/01/16

I frogot to mention something else.
About five months ago i discovered a lump in my breast and went to the doctor who then sent me for a scan.
The scan detected a cyst in my breast 2cm long.
The doctor put me on Lactosec but it did nothing.She also told me that the cyst could stay in my breast for the rest of my life without causing any harm.
Im just a little worried about all these lille cyst popping up every where as i am only 20 and my mother at my age had the same kind of problems and at 21 developed cervical cancer.
I would really like you input on all of this doc.

Thank You in advance.

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: www | 2004/01/16

I think you should go to a gynae again for a full check-up including a scan so they can see whether the cyst is still on your ovary and whether it has cleared up and also to they should check out the swelling in your groin - you don't know for sure that it is a gland and I would guess it needs formal evaluation.

Reply to www