Question
Posted by: MB | 2008/05/30

Could I be pregnant?

Dear doc,

I've been on the Pill for 8 yrs. This month I'm 3 days late & a home pregnancy test indicated a -. How accurate is a home pregnancy test? Could I be pregnant?

If I'm not pregnant what could be the reason for a missed period whilst on the Pill?

Should I maybe stop the Pill to "neutralise" my system & then restart again?

Urgently awaiting your reply!

It is unlikely that you are pregnant. It may be that your womb lining is thinned out from the Pill, so there is nothing to bleed. Other causes, such as cysts, are also possible. I would not suggest that you stop the Pill, rather that you see a doctor to check what the problem is.