Question
Posted by: Robbie | 2007/06/13

Could I be pregnant?

I am 2 weeks late with my period and i have taken 4 pregnancy tests which came up negative. I then visited my gynae and after doing a scan he told me that i am not preganant but that i have a cyst on my uterus but it is not serious. He also did a urine test which came up negative. He told me that it may be signs of a very early pregnancy that's why the tests are not picking it up and i should wait for two weeks and then take another test to make sure that i am not pregnant. He prescribed Provera which i have to take in 2 weeks time to bring on my period if i still don't get it by then.

Could i be pregnant and is this normal? What could make me miss my period and by so long?

Very early pregnancy before 6 weeks can be very difficult to 100% diagnose. The 2 week wait will allow the pregnancy to be more"obvious" as it would have developed and allow a more accurate diagnosis of it if it is there.
Persistence of a cyst(='bag' of fluid containing hormones which may prevent you from having a withdrawel bleed i.e. a period bleed) can cause your period to bedelayed.