Question
Posted by: Alley | 2004/12/08

Could I be Pregnant?

Hi. I am a 23 year old healthy female. I stopped my contraceptiove on 10 September 2004 and having been ttc since then. I used to have a regular 28 day cycle but now it is as follows;
10/09/04 - took last pill,
14/09/04 - AF starts,
09/10/04 - AF starts (25 day cycle),
07/11/04 - AF starts (30 day cycle),
as of today (day 32) I have had no AF. I took a HPT and it was negative. Could I be preganant or is my cycle just MIA? Thank you.

Probably just adjusting to being off the Pill.

2
Posted by: Golly | 2004/12/08

Alley,

Jessica is right. Your cycles do take time to normalise. The Pill used to regulate your cycles at 28 days.

Other factors which may extend your cycle lenght is stress, excessive dieting or exercise and even illness. It you have not experienced any of these in the last month and your period remains MIA, your gynae may suggest trying to regulate it using hormones to bring on your period.

Reply to Golly
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/08

When you go off the pill, your body takes a while to regulate itself, if you haven't started in a weeks time, do another test,

If it's still negative i suggest to go see your gynae

Jessica

Reply to Jessica