Question
Posted by: D | 2004/03/08

Could I be pregnant?

We've been trying for a baby for 2 and a half years. I was 2 days late with my period (am usually exactly 28 days apart) this month. However, did not get too excited before I knew the facts. Anyway, the flow was the same as every month, boobs swell up and are sensitive, normal procedure. However, during my periods, my boobs go back to normal size and the sensitivity disappears.

But, my period finished yesterday and my boobs are swelling again and are very sensitive and you can see the veins a mile away.

I don't want to run out and do a home pregnancy test, I hate disappointment. All I would like to know is, what are the chances of being pregnant if I had my usual procedures this month, with my period?

Very unlikely that you are pregnant. Sometimes anxiety about falling pregnant can give rise to symptoms such as you are experiencing.

3
Posted by: D | 2004/03/08

Thanks guys, I appreciate your replies. I haven't tried anything else and wouldn't like to use anything else. I'm a firm believer in doing it the old fashioned natural way.
Thanks again.
D.

Reply to D
Posted by: Lil | 2004/03/08

It is unlikely your are pregnant. Some woman do experience their periods throughout their pregnancy but its not very common. I have experienced this before as well where my breasts have stayed sensitive for a few days more than they normally do after my period has ended but then the next month they were back to normal.

Reply to Lil
Posted by: ciska | 2004/03/08

If you had your period I don't think you are pregnant.
Sorry. I know you are desperate. Have you tried anything else?

Good luck. Keep me posted.

Reply to ciska