Question
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

could i be depressed

hi doc
i dotn know whats goin on with my life at the moment, im 24 married with a 1yr old baby, but for the past couple of weeks ive been fighting abt things with my husband, i would rather be at work than at home, i dnt wana be around ppl, i just want to be alone or just with my baby, but not with my husband, i feel like i need a break from him or smthn, just to be away from him, either he says or does things that put me down s oi tr yby all means to avoid him, i hav financial problems and he rubs me in it instead of being emotionally supportive, we dont have a house coz we married in communityy and i jus ound out that im listed,so he rubs thath in every chance he gets,im planningon visiting my parents coz i think i need the break, so i want to knw am i being unfair to him wanting to get away from him or do couples need a break from each other in some way?

Yes, you could be depressed, or otherwise troubled by anxiety, possibly post-natal depression. Try to see at least a good local GP< preferably a shrink, for a proper assessment and treatment advice. Visiting your parents for a preak could well be helpful, and maybe if they can share some of the load of caring for the baby, you'll have a bit of a rest, too. But it does sound like Depression, and deserves proper treatment for the sake of you, your child and your husband

8
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

thank you, i will start looking up a shrink in my town, book an appointment and see how it goes, will keep you guys posted

Reply to SN
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/22

SN, depression interferes with your ability to think straight and solve problems. So getting treated for depression will already help you to look at the situation differently. A psychologist can help you come up with different ways of thinking about and solving your problems.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

thanks guys for the support, but now tell me does not seeing a shrink require both parties to be present? whats the point of me being cancelled when i will keep feelinf like this wen eva i go back home? i once suggested we see a priest but he said im the only one who has issues and that i shud leave him out, imagine a shrink, i knw he will refuse to go with me,

Reply to SN
Posted by: Riley | 2008/07/22

Go see a doc that you don' t know. Turn your chair around, and then speak ' face to back' . :)

I know it sounds silly.

Please know, that there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Reply to Riley
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

are there no antideppressants i can get over the counter without a prescription? i feel like im losing my mind and im scared to see a doc, thats why i had to write to you, i feel embarassed of the stuation, especially talking about it face-to-face,

Reply to SN
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

its hard being strong when i feel useless and lifeless,my child is the only person that gives me joy, i dnt even wana be around my own husband, i so wish he could dissapear for a while

Reply to SN
Posted by: XXX | 2008/07/22

take care of urself. ur baby needs a strong healthy mom.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: SN | 2008/07/22

oh one other thing forgot to mention is as a result i dnt want to eat, i ignore the fact that im hungery until it goes away, i dnt want to eat and as a result have lost weight and im skinny and want to gain weight, i even boght a supplement to help me gain weight but it makes me hungry and my body refuses to eat, i jus t want to dissapear on the face of the earth,and when i say that to him he goes on and says its my own problems that are stressing me and i should make it his

Reply to SN