Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2004/10/21

Could i be a lesbian?

Hi,last weekend my best friend had a sleep over at her place.We had the house 4 ourselfs.We are both 17 years old.Anyway after watching a movie she changed the channel & there was an adult movie on.We were excited so we continued to watch,then she looked at me & with a naughty smile &began touching me.I enjoyed it but now i feel ashamed about what happened.Before i new it we were all over each other,kissing,licking each others breasts & vaginas.We masturbated each other 4 atleast an hour & then she made us promise each other 2 keep it our secret.We wre like 2 lesbian lovers.Please advise me???

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Nicole,

many young people experiment sexually and this may be all this was. However, only you will know where your sexual orientation lies. Whatever the case it is important that you are accepting of yourself and your feelings. If you are straight, fine, if you are gay or bi this is also just as fine! You both consented to this, neither of you has done anything wrong.

It may take time for you to become aware of how you feel about this, and the main factor here is to not rush into anything. Take your time and get to know yourself.

If you would like further advice about sexuality issues please contact the Triangle Project helpline on 021 422 2500 or you can check out their website at www.triangle.org.za If you are not in CT they will advise you of your nearest service.

Don't worry, and be yourself.

3
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/22

Well if you enjoyed it then carry on doing it for the time being, if u dont want to end up being a lesbian then don't, no one can make u become one, its entirely your own choice. Just tell your friend that u will do it for fun, but u don't want any sort of relationship apart from friendship with her. If u want to join in but with no strings attached then u can just masturbate in front of each other without making contact, or just tease each other, but in a nice way ;oP

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: Nicole | 2004/10/22

I need 2 make a decision as soon as possible.My friend with whom i had "lesbian sex" with wants us to do it again.She says that she had a great time with me & if we could do it again on Saturday.I also had a great time but if i continue having sex or masturbating with girls i'll become a lesbian soon.What should i do,if i refuse our friendship could be ruined.It was fun doing it 4 the 1st time but i don't want 2 end up being a lesbian.
What should i do...?

Reply to Nicole
Posted by: Drifter | 2004/10/22

Not to say you're lesbian, under circumstances it could happen to any one. You at least experienced it and can now decide for yourself, straight or bi.

Reply to Drifter