Question
Posted by: daisy | 2004/01/14

could i be???

hi doc!!

2 weeks ago me and my partner had a condom burst and we didn't feel it up until we were finished with the intercourse and the following morning we bought the morning after pill which i took @ night but then the problem is, on that night it was the 31st of december & i took alcohol thereafter.same thing applied with the second pill after 12 hrs which was the 1st of jan.now i can't help but wonder if in fact this pill worked cause mystomach feels weird or is it my head.infact i did check the contents of the pill and nothing was mentioned about not taking alcohol while on the pill.

please advice

Rather then worrying about whether the emergency pill worked or not, as your period is late, check a pregnancy test. Unless you vomited after the alcohol, this would not interfere with the emergency pill. However, this is not 100% effective anyway.

3
Posted by: wendy | 2004/01/14

The morning after pill gives you a big dose of hormones, so its likely you're feeling funny and your period could be delayed.

If you took the pill as instructed, you'll be fine. Alcohol has no effect on it.

Reply to wendy
Posted by: daisy | 2004/01/14

well right about the begginning of jan i was supposed to get my periods and what makes me even more nervous is the fact that my brests are swollen and my body has been so sore and i just can't get enough sleep.

so what could it be???

Reply to daisy
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/14

The funny feelings in your tummy are probably in your head. It would be too early to feel pregnancy symtoms. When is your period due?

Reply to Kate