Question
Posted by: Sue | 2005/07/22

Could blood test be wrong...?

I suspected that I was pregnant last week after feeling nauseous and dizzy and my breasts were sore. I did an HPT, but it was negative. When my period was a week late (on Wednesday), I went for a blood test as well, which was also negative. My period started yesterday, but while it is usually very painful and heavy, it is very light (almost no blood) and not painful at all. My breasts are very sore and swollen (this symptom usually goes away on the first day of my period).
Is there any possibility that a blood test could not pick up a pregnancy? How long does it usually take for the fertilised ovum to attach to the womb? Could it be a week or two? I did some heavy hiking for 7 days just after my previous ovulation. Is it possible that the heavy excercise could cause the ovum not to attach to the womb immediately, but only a week or two later?
I'm not really in a hurry to get pregnant (although I'm eager), but I just can't get rid of this eerie feeiling that I am pregnant, whatever the tests say! I would appreciate any advice - thank you!

If the blood test was neagitive a week after your period was due, you are not pregnant. Implantation occurs 10 days after ovulation, i.e. on Day 24 of your cycle. The hiking would not affect this, but heavy exercise can cause a late period.

1
Posted by: Ruwaydah | 2005/07/22

Hi!
what about going for a scan? I don't know if blood tests could be wrong though.

Reply to Ruwaydah