Question
Posted by: tmp | 2006/11/10

coughing and pregnant

I had just got over the flu, when to the doctor to see if I had a secondary infection but all was cool. Now I got the flu again. They say if you cough or sneeze it doesnt hurt the baby but when I cought (this is emabarresing now) I leak urine. Im worried that it would affect the baby. Please advise!!!!!!!

It won't affect the baby. Not a lot you can do about the leaking urine while you are pregnant.

1
Posted by: Kitty | 2006/11/10

Completely normal... if you have had your appendix out as well sometimes it can hurt when you sneeze or cough too, this doesn't affect the baby at all, he/she is nestled so nicely in your tummy, that the only thing that might bug them is the noise your make when you cough or sneeze.
Do some pelvic floor exercises, basically pull your muscles as if you were holding in a wee and keep them contracted for a few seconds, then let go, you can do this all throughout the day and it doesn't affect the baby, and in the long run after you have had the baby (if natural) then you will strengthen the muscles so that you can go back to 'normal'.

Reply to Kitty