Question
Posted by: Losh | 2007/07/25

Coughing

Hi, please help me. I had the flu for the past three weeks which I took medication for. This helped with the fever and the normal flu symptons but I now only have a very persistant cough. It feels like I have tried everything to get rid of this cough but nothing happens. For the first two weeks I couldnot sleep b'cos of the cough but for the last week I have been having a goodnight's sleep. The cough is bad towards the later part of the day and the evenings. I am now wondering whether I should be more worried about this persistant cough. I am currently having cough mixture for it. Please help me. Thx

Dear Losh

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is not uncommon for your airways to be hypersensitive after the flu has sub-sided. You can use Oxis inhaler to eleviate the symptoms of your cough.

I would however, recommend having a chest x-ray done, to exclude any underlying pathology.

Kind regards