Question
Posted by: amber | 2007/03/22

coughing

Dear Doc
Please could you help me. For months now I have been coughing so badly at night that I wake up choking. In the morning I always wake up tired and my nose is blocked and when I blow it there are hard green bits in it but then the rest is just water.
Once I am up and dressed and at work I am fine, just the occassional coughing fit when I also tend to choke.
Do you think I could have a post nasal drip and do you think I need to see a doctor?

Dear Amber
It sure sounds like this - try: sniffing saltwater twice a day and blowing it out ( 1 cup luke warm water, 1/2 teaspoon salt) - will get rid of the crusting. Get some Beconase aqueous nosespray and use 2 x per day in both nostrils, take Allergex before you go to bed. If it does not improve you may need to see your doctor - give it one week.

1
Posted by: salome | 2007/03/24

Try inhaling the saltwater. It worked for me. Hope you will soon stop coughing

Reply to salome