Question
Posted by: celeste | 2008/07/10

cough cough cough

Hi there Doc,

On the 17 June i went to the doctor with a really bad cough, it kept me awake 2 full nights in a row, thats how persistant it was. He just gave me antibiotics and cough syrup (Expigen). Three days later after my course of antibiotics i went back to him because my cough was the same. He just prescribed me a different cough syrup. It's now the 10th July, and it hasnt got better, and last night it got really bad, and my chest was really sore, and after coughing its hard to catch my breath, and i feel so tired and drained from coughing constantly. I was in tears last night, because i was really so worried, and i am not on medical aid, so i cant go back to the doctor again. Any advice on what this could be or what i should try would be very helpful, i really appreciate it. Thank you, Celeste.

HI Celeste
Try using Meticorten 30 mg per day for 2 days, then 20 mg per day for 2 days, then 10 mg per day for 2 days - phone your doctor and ask your if he will prescribe this for you ( usually they want a doctors prescription)
dr Bets