Question
Posted by: :-( | 2007/12/03

cough

I have this terrible cough which I hvae had for about 4 days now. My chest is fine, it is a tickly cough in my throat and I have fits of coughing throughout the day but especially at night when i lie down and it disturbs my sleep, in fact my stomach muscles is so sore from coughing so much. I also sometimes cough up some green mucous, it is constantly sitting in my throut but I cant make myself cough it out although in the morning it comes out. I have been drinking 3 tsp alcophylex cough syrup at least 4 times a day foir the last 3 days. I think my whole family has caught this cough but I am the only one who has coughing fits like this and with the snotty stuff. Is that the correct cough syrup to use and how long can I expect this to continue? I have no other symptoms like fever or even sore throat, what is causing this cough. My son had croup 2 weeks ago but he is fine now.

Dear :-(
You may have a post nasal discharge causing the cough and if the phlegm is green, you may need some antibiotics. The Alcophyllex will loosen the phlegm but not clear the infection - if these symptoms does not clear within a week or gets worse with time, you may need to see your doctor for an examination and prescription for antibiotics.

1
Posted by: SANDY | 2008/10/13

I have a persistant cough, I do have phlemg - not to excessive

Reply to SANDY