Question
Posted by: Jade | 2007/05/24

Cottage Cheese

I am 7 months pregnant and am trying to watch what i eat in order not to put too much weight on. If I add a tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese to plain vegetable soup is that ok from a calorie point of view. Also would this count as a protein portion?
thanks Doc.

Dear Jade
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Adding a tablespoon of low-fat cottage cheese to your plain vegetable soup will not increase your energy intake to any great extent and will provide you with some calcium. This would not really count as a full protein portion, but 30g or 2 tablespoons would be closer to 1 portion.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: Mom2J | 2007/05/24

I ate cottage cheese through out my pregnancy (almost a tub a day) and i only picked up 8kg in total (I ate pretty healthily throughout my pregnancy). Cottage cheese is SO good for you, it has protein, calcium, Bvitamins and is low fa, everyhing your baby needs. It is definitely ok from a calorie perspective too. Hope that helps! :)

Reply to Mom2J